Sanctity of Human Life Month 2023
January is Sanctity of Human Life Month! After Roe v. Wade’s reversal and the outlawing of abortion in Tennessee, we recognize that the sanctity of human life remains the same. In fact, we are still seeing God save babies as we minister to women who plan to travel to another state to obtain an abortion. Below are resources to assist you as you speak to your congregation about topics like the sanctity of life, abortion, or after-abortion healing. To request a free Birth Choice speaker for your church, call Tiffany at 731-453-8159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spread the Word – Birth Choice’s Biggest Need
Pastors and church leaders, would you be willing to go a step further and announce to your congregation that we are in need of several volunteers? Our schedule has several gaps, meaning we are not serving as many clients as we could. We need to train 20 Client Advocates and 13 medical personnel for our Jackson, Gibson County, and Mobile Clinic locations. Our Client Advocates have the incredible opportunity to help women facing unplanned pregnancies who come to our clinics for help. They share the gospel, educate our clients on life-affirming options for their pregnancies, and share the truth about the child in the womb. Our medical personnel perform our free pregnancy testing and ultrasounds that introduce women to the precious babies in their wombs. All volunteers must be godly, Christian women with a passion for the preborn and helping other women in unplanned pregnancy situations. Medical personnel must hold an RN or RDMS degree. If you know of anyone interested, please email email@example.com or call 731-453-8159.
We have several videos featuring stories from our own clients that you can share with your church! One of them is Leia’s Story. Click here for our entire YouTube playlist. For our Mobile Clinic video, click here. We also have a great ultrasound video of a 9-week baby saved from abortion. If you need a DVD to play the videos from, please contact Tiffany. We might be able to accommodate you.
Birth Choice Story and Fact Sheet
Share client stories and interesting facts about Birth Choice and abortion with your congregation!
Insert these into presentations for a quick Sunday morning announcement about Sanctity of Life Month or to use in your sermon. Click an image to download. Fun fact: the baby in the slides is a Birth Choice baby!
Social Media Images
Feel free to use these on your social media pages! Click on an image to download.
Tips on Talking About Life Issues
- Don’t be afraid of controversy. Speak truth!
- Be sensitive and line your message with Christ’s grace and forgiveness. According to Care Net, four out of 10 women were regularly attending church at the time of their abortion. You may have someone in your congregation who feels shame and guilt for a past abortion. Be sure to mention our after-abortion healing Bible study.
- When using numbers and statistics, use real-world examples to compare them so they make sense to your audience.
- Stay informed. Educate yourself. Click on the links below to learn more about the abortion issue.
Educating yourself on the abortion issue
- Focus on the Family Resources for Pastors and Churches
- 5 Small Pro-life Steps Churches Can Make – article from the ERLC
- More from Focus on the Family – several great pro-life articles
- Care Net Blog for Churches
- Americans United for Life – stay up to date with abortion laws and politics
- Family Research Council
- Life News – pro-life news
- Live Action News – pro-life news
Share with your congregation or small group
- After-Abortion Healing – our Bible study
- World Abortion Counter
- The Sound of Abortion video (not the sound of an actual abortion. This is not graphic and is safe for children)