Sanctity of Human Life Month 2024
January is Sanctity of Human Life Month! Thank you for faithfully standing for life and supporting the Birth Choice ministry as we continue reaching women considering abortion and empowering them to choose life. Below you will find tools and resources designed for pastors and churches wishing to observe the sanctity of life during the entire month or on Sanctity of Human Life Sunday.
Contenders for Life Mini-Conference
This January, we are doing something a little different. Instead of our staff members speaking at local churches about Birth Choice and the Sanctity of Human Life, on January 25th we are hosting a Contenders for Life mini-conference with nationally-known pro-life speaker and apologist, Dr. Marc Newman. At noon that day at Northbrook Church in Three Way, there will be a free luncheon for pastors, church leaders, and teachers where they can learn how to teach the toughest sermon. That evening, there will be a free apologetics course for all church members, where they are given practical tools to defend life within their circles of influence. To register for the luncheon or conference, click on the button below. For more information, call Tiffany at 731-453-8159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a great video called “Designed by the Creator” by Playback Media that we have permission to make available to others. It could accompany a sermon or it could be a standalone video for Sanctity of Human Life Sunday. Feel free to download the video and share within your congregation. Please do not upload it to social media, YouTube, or any other streaming platform.
We also have several YouTube videos featuring stories from our own clients that you can share with your church! Click here for our “client stories” YouTube playlist. The ultrasound videos below were taken on our very own ultrasound machines. You get to see exactly what our clients saw that caused them to choose life!
Birth Choice Story and Fact Sheet
Share client stories and interesting facts about Birth Choice and abortion with your congregation!
Insert these into PowerPoint presentations or other platforms for a quick Sunday morning announcement about Sanctity of Life Month or to use in your sermon. Click an image to download.
Ask us to print up to 100 inserts for you, or download the PDF and print it yourself. Please note that they are two to a page, so print double-sided (flip on short edge) and use a paper cutter to cut them down the middle.
Social Media Images
Feel free to use these on your social media pages! Click on an image to download.
Tips on Talking About Life Issues
- Don’t be afraid of controversy. Speak truth!
- Be sensitive and line your message with Christ’s grace and forgiveness. According to Care Net, four out of 10 women were regularly attending church at the time of their abortion. You may have someone in your congregation who feels shame and guilt for a past abortion. Be sure to mention our New Beginnings program that helps men and women heal from past abortions.
- When using numbers and statistics, use real-world examples to compare them so they make sense to your audience.
- Stay informed. Educate yourself.
- Check out the links below for some great resources for churches and pastors!
Resources for pastors and church leaders:
- Sanctity of Human Life 2024 Toolkit from CareNet
- A Guide for Pastors on Making the Most of Sanctity of Human Life Sunday – another great article from CareNet
- 5 Small Pro-life Steps Churches Can Make – article from the ERLC
- 6 Ways Pastors can Champion the Sanctity of Life – an article from Focus on the Family
- More from Focus on the Family – several great pro-life articles
Share with your congregation or small group: