Thank you for your interest in making a difference for life in West Tennessee. If you are a Christian woman who feels called to minister to other women facing unplanned pregnancies, we would love to train you to become a volunteer client advocate. If you have a medical degree, you may be able to perform ultrasounds and pregnancy tests. If you are interested in either position, please fill out the form below and one of our clinic directors will reach out to you! If you would like to support our ministry in other ways, we have more opportunities for both men and women described below.
Client Advocate And Medical Team Interest Form
If you are interested in volunteering in any capacity at the Jackson, TN office, contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 731-664-8443. For volunteering at the Gibson County office in Trenton, TN, contact Kelly at email@example.com or 731-855-2900. To serve on our Mobile Clinics that visit Fayette, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, and Henderson Counties every week, call 731-664-8443; email Sherry at firstname.lastname@example.org for Client Advocate information; or email Kim at email@example.com to learn about joining our medical team.
1) Volunteer Client Advocate – Jackson, Gibson County, and Mobile Clinic locations
- You must be a woman, 21 years old or older.
- You must know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and have a growing relationship with Him, recognizing Christ as Lord of your life. You must have a desire to share God’s truth concerning the sanctity of human life and salvation through Christ to women who are experiencing unplanned pregnancies.
- You will first need to fill out and turn in an application. After that, you will schedule an interview with the clinic director to go over your application and to make sure you understand what the requirements are to become a Client Advocate. The director will answer any questions you may have regarding the ministry. If after that interview you both are in agreement regarding volunteering at Birth Choice, you will attend the next crisis counseling training seminar.
- The training sessions take place at our Jackson and Gibson County clinics two to three times a year – in February, May, and/or October. Mobile Clinic Advocates will also train at the Jackson office. Training consists of eight seminar sessions occurring on Tuesday/Thursday evenings from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. (a total of about 25 hours), followed by additional video training, policy and procedure information, and observations of several actual client support sessions. We ask that you try and make it to all eight sessions if possible as they build on one another.
- 2024 Winter Training dates: February 6th, 8th, 13th, 15th, 20th, 22nd, 27th, & 29th from 6:00–9:00 p.m.
- 2024 Spring Training Dates: May 7th, 9th, 14th, 16th, 21st, 23rd, 28th, & 30th from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- 2024 Fall Training Dates: October 1st, 3rd, 8th, 10th, 15th, 17th, 22nd, & 24th from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- As a trained client advocate, you would volunteer one 3 to 4 hour shift each week (morning, afternoon, or evening).
- Interested? Contact Chris at the Jackson office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 731-664-8443. For volunteering at the Gibson County office, contact Kelly at email@example.com or 731-855-2900.
2) Volunteer Support Nurse – Jackson, Gibson County, and Mobile Clinic locations
Birth Choice is a medical clinic and we are in need of women who are licensed, medical professionals such as registered nurses, nurse practioners, etc., who would volunteer to assist with clients in various ways. Job responsibilities and training requirements are as follows:
- You must know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and have a growing relationship with Him, recognizing Christ as Lord of your life. You must have a desire to share God’s truth concerning the sanctity of human life to women who are experiencing unplanned pregnancies.
- You must have a current medical license and medical malpractice insurance. Birth Choice will reimburse half the annual cost of your insurance should you choose to volunteer in this position.
- You must go through either a seminar training or an abridged DVD training in order to have client contact.
- You would be trained by our nurse manager to do medical consultations especially regarding ultrasound and pregnancy, perform urine pregnancy tests, give prenatal vitamins, answer phone calls related to medical issues, do client follow-up, complete pre/post medical questionnaires for ultrasound clients, etc.
- When the need arises to train more medical personnel in limited obstetrical ultrasound, they will be chosen from women already working in this position of volunteer nurse support.
- As a support nurse, you would volunteer one 2 to 4 hour shift each week (morning, afternoon, or evening).
3) Good Samaritan – Jackson and Gibson County locations
A) Office Aide
If working directly with clients is not your area of interest, we also have volunteer opportunities working in our mother/baby resource room or various types of clerical jobs, or with cleaning, repair and maintenance. For any position, you will need to fill out an application. Your time commitment would be two to four hours each week (or more if you like), monthly or on a ‘call-as-needed’ basis. There is no training required for Good Samaritans:
B) Junior and Senior Good Samaritan
- Junior Good Samaritan: youth between the ages of 13 and 17.
- Senior Good Samaritan: Men and women 18 years of age and up.
- Clerical Office Help: You would help with filing, mail-outs, labeling pamphlets, data entry (if you’re computer-savvy), making telephone calls and/or other miscellaneous clerical duties.
- Resource Room Help: You would help sorting, washing, and stocking maternity and baby items.
- Maintenance: You would help with various indoor/outdoor repairs, maintenance, and cleaning.
- Fundraisers: You would be available to assist with our major fundraisers – prep work, on site the day of the event, or clean-up afterwards.
- Security: This opportunity is for men who are willing to be a security presence from 5 PM to 8 PM on Thursday nights at the Jackson office.