January is Sanctity of Human Life Month
January is Sanctity of Human Life Month! Our focus this January is “Going the Extra Mile.” This year it may be more important than ever to evaluate what we are doing to protect human life in our community and country. Below are resources to assist you as you speak to your congregation about topics like the sanctity of life, abortion, or post-abortion healing.
Insert these into presentations for a quick Sunday morning announcement about Sanctity of Life Month, your sermon, or about the Birth Choice ministry. Click an image to download.
Tips on Talking About Life Issues
- Don’t be afraid of controversy. Speak truth!
- Be sensitive and line your message with Christ’s grace and forgiveness. According to Care Net, four out of 10 women were regularly attending church at the time of their abortion. You may have someone in your congregation who feels shame and guilt for a past abortion. Be sure to mention our post-abortion healing Bible study.
- When using numbers and statistics, use real-world examples to compare them so they make sense to your audience.
- Stay informed. Educate yourself. Click on the links below to learn more about the abortion issue.
Educating yourself on the abortion issue
- Focus on the Family – several great pro-life articles
- Issues for Life – focuses on genocide of black Americans
- Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity
- Americans United for Life – stay up to date with abortion laws and politics
- Family Research Council
- Life News – pro-life news
- Live Action News – pro-life news
Share with your congregation or small group